5.08.2008

Pisco, Peru

Soooo, I can´t do this justice at all.

I´ve had 8 hours sleep in the last 48 hours, mainly because I met these people while waiting in line at the SFO airport, suggesting that I go with them to a place where people have been devastated by an 8 magnitude earthquake back in August of last year.

I figured why not? I had no other plan and nothing better to do.

So after leaving SFO at 7am, arriving at Panama City around 6pm, and arriving at Lima just after midnight.... we waited for a 3am bus to Pisco, and arrived in Pisco a little after 7am.
From there, I put my stuff down (sleep??? no???) and hopped on the back of a pickup truck - to assist with the rebuilding of this town devastated by this earthquake. 9 hot sweaty hours later, I took a shower and ate dinner. 36 hours after having woken up for the initial flight -- I went to bed. ahhh.

Needless to say, it´s been an experience of a lifetime. Even after 1.5 days.

And... needless to say, the spanish keyboards are not the same as american keyboards!
Definitely takes some getting used to.

Anyway, I can´t possibly convey the incredible experiences I´ve had. I am taking notes and will try later.

Until then, can someone please teach me spanish?!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Andy,

It is great reading your blog again! I can't wait for the next posting. I wish I had some spanish to teach you.

Love & Prayers,
Mom