8.16.2007

Ellen and Sarah

In the computer time crunch after leaving Fargo, I did not have time to mention Ellen and Sarah, and I most certainly should have. I met Ellen at Best Buy, she listened to me lament about the Devils Lake flood as I begrudingly bought a new camera. She was breezy and fun and I told her that I may get bored hanging out with my 60-year old house-guests, and if anything exciting came up she should give me a call.
So, she called later and she and her friend Sarah came and picked me up. They were very gracious chauffeurs of my somewhat immobile self. We went over to their friend's house, where they were playing water-pong. This is the underaged version of beer-pong. To me, it was such a foreign concept, I guess I've played beer pong enough that it was very strange to be shooting ping pong balls into plastic cups but not having to then drink the beer contained in them. I suppose we could've drank the water, but Dave Matthews told us not to.
Anyway, I tried to get used to it and we had fun. Then we went and found a late-night diner.
The next day we got breakfast at IHOP, where these girls knew absolutely everyone! Popular peeps they were. The afternoon was filled with ferris wheel rides in sporting goods stores and a trip to the movie theatre. All in all they made my time in Fargo much more enjoyable than it otherwise would've been. So cheers to them, Ellen is off to school in Duluth and Sarah is contemplating travel, possibly even bicycle travel. The best kind, of course.

No comments: