6.03.2008

Puerto Chicama

Well, I´m in Puerto Chicama. They are supposed to have one of the longest waves in the world here, but the ocean has been calm the past two days -- so I´ve just been taking it easy, recovering from some moderate food poisoning obtained on a bus ride back from Mancora.

I slept a solid 18 hours yesterday, listening to gentle ocean waves crash onto the beach outside the hostel on a cliff overlooking the ocean.

I need to catch a bus back to Trujillo today, to catch another bus back to Lima tonight, to catch a 5:33am flight on Thursday.

I am ready for home. As amazing as this trip has been, I think I´ve seen one too many lonely mangy hungry beat up dogs curled up on the side of the road after a day of digging through trash piles. And I´ve had one too many ´conversations´where people just look at me funny.
And, before I sound too much like I haven´t loved this trip, I will stop typing.

It´s just been a rough past few days.

Anyway, I am off for buses to buses!

I hope everyone is well.

No comments: