9.11.2007

Burlington, VT

I'm in Burlington, VT. Burlington is a great city! I kinda wish I would've gone to school here. Lots of coffee shops, hang outs, music venues. There's a brick street named Church St. that is closed to traffic and just has a bunch of shops and restaurants, sidewalk cafes. Has a European feel to it.

Spent 3 days in Lake Placid and had an amazing time hiking to the top of mountains, canoeing on lakes at dusk, seeing Olympic sights and a whole lot more.

I have 7 minutes left on this library session so I have to cut it short. I'll write more later. I have to buy a new tent here and send my old one back to REI. It isn't waterproof anymore, hasn't been since the flood in North Dakota, and I'm tired of dealing with puddles of condensation in the morning (not to mention rain). I've patiently dealt with it since North Dakota, although I'm not sure why!

I met this fabulous 'cyclist' named Daniel this morning on the shores of Lake Champlain, where I camped last night. Lots to tell about him, when I have more time.

Gotta run, hope everyone is doing well.

1 comment:

a moudrov said...

I see you are not in ahurry to finish this thing. Good strategy. There is nothing after the end of the trip that matches traveling, so slow down. Or better turn your bike around the moment you see Atlantic in the distance. The ocean water in Maine is cold anyway. Take it easy--